3 Jul 2010

Women in business

When I started in business back in 1999, I probably wasn't as I am today. Many women entrepreneurs build confidence over the years, although I (think) I lacked in confidence, but I had a great ambition - that was to succeed in any business I did. And of course, my ambition for my business then was to build my own brand of apparel and have my own specialty shop was a little overly ambitious. And that business had failed and we lost a large amount of money in it, and went into debt.

However that did not discourage me, and I was able to survive with my small real estate deals that I brokered, but not to run a business was just not for me. I popped right back in to run a F&B distribution business which I still do today.

I'll be launching a mini-series of stories of local women entrepreneurs, and what makes them tick, how do they manage their life, family and business. If you would like to find out more, stay tuned to this blog.