7 Aug 2007

Asian Food Channel

I would need to confess - one of my favourite channels has to be Asian Food Channel (or AFC for short). I would say that this is a fairly newly setup channel. It takes programs from UK, US, Canada, Singapore, Taiwan, Japan and Korea, and actually mash it together into one cohesive channel for food loving singaporeans. Actually it's good because we can view re-runs of Singapore foodie programmes. I think as a dedicated foodie, as well as being a foodie with a super keen interest in cooking is definitely a god-send. But I did notice that the ads on this fairly new channel is fairly thin.
What should they be advertising? Of course, it being a food channel, I would like to see more restaurant and F&B ads, finding nice and good makan places is always in tune with my favourite hobby. I enjoy restaurant commercials as much as I enjoy watching Makansutra's Seetoh say Sedap or Shiok in between each slurp of mee goreng or prawn noodles. Why aren't local F&B outlets advertising on AFC - it's like a targetted avenue for them to advertise and they're simply not doing it. I know the smaller ones without the budget can't, but those with the budgets - why aren't they spending at all? Not that I have an investment in the company that produces AFC, but my vested interest is to make sure that my favourite cable channel doesn't get broadcasted on Starhub because of poor advertising response. Hopefully by pointing it out in my blog someone would actually pick it up and go advertise with Starhub (lol).