23 Aug 2007

Ghostly Businesses

Thought I would post something that is a tad-outside topic for a while, but keenly interesting for some of those out there who are daringly entrepreneurial. Before the ghost month started, I told my biz partners that "Hey this month, I'm going to be very busy you know, and I'll try to leave the office before it gets dark..ok, u guys "jagar" yourselves hor"...my partners assumed that I was being a supplier of those Ghost month gift hampers (red buckets or baskets of provisions). Actually there is a whole ton of business to be done during this entire month. Of course because I'm a superstitious freak, I'm not going to get involved in this, but I might suggest some interesting avenues to earn additional money.
1. folding incense paper (use prisoners to help to fold) and sell them at a profit.
2. offer home delivery of incense paper and all other paraphernalia, especially to old estates
3. merchant associations and heartland merchant associations all want to have some Ghost month event, but all dun have money, so help pull them together (event management).
So actually if you look at it, ghost month is really a month for good fortune leh.
How'zat for some money-making ideas!!