8 Aug 2007

Sports events gaining popularity and sports culture branding

Singapore is about to have the Inaugural Aviva Ironman 70.3 SingaporeTriathlon on Sept 2. Having corporate sponsorship like Aviva it is set to be one of those sports events with large corporate sponsorships. As a matter of fact, we have just barely started out with Triathalons in Sg not very long ago - now we're talking about IRONMAN. Wow...a close friend of mine (Fishlike Aquatic School) told me that he was part of the OSIM triathalon exhibition - as he coaches and trains people for triathalons, and his response at his booth - for ppl to improve the speed of their swim is tremendous. I really cannot believe it. Not being a sports buff myself it is unbelievable. I really forsee lots of business opportunities out there for such events. Things are being liberalised quite fast for such events to be brought in. Its definitely a good sign of fundamental improvement in the business landscape.
It would be very interesting to see more of these lifestyle type activities - as the Singapore market becomes more developed. I do say I envisage that my company may also someday (hopefully) sponsor some event like this. This will allow all SMEs to leverage on us go get at least some exposure.